Low Slope Roofing in Saint Petersburg FLMitchell Roofing Company LLC is your St Petersburg Low Slope Roofing Contractor, equipped to handle any size or pitch commercial roof. We offer you the highest quality products in low slope roofing standards in the Bay Area. We are licensed, insured and bonded and would love to work on your next low slope roofing project in St Petersburg, FL. Our services include roof repair, roof restoration, roof maintenance, and roof replacements for your commercial or industrial building.
There are two major commercial low slope roofing types:
Thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO) is among the fastest growing commercial roofing products and have gained broad industry acceptance for their many performance and installation advantages. Businesses are seeking heat-reflective and energy efficient roofing systems, and TPO roofing membranes pride great resistance to ultraviolet, ozone and chemical exposure making it a perfect choice! TPO is also an environmentally friendly, chlorine free material that can be easily recycled after its use as a roofing membrane has expired. It is a great material to consider for those contemplating the addition of solar components to their new roofing system.
Advantages of TPO Roofing Installation
- Can be a fully adhered, mechanically fastened, or ballasted roofing system offering waterproofing, durability, and longevity advantages.
- Is offered in wider 12 ft. sheets, requiring fewer welds on the surface and expediting the installation process.
- Ideal material for re-roofing over a variety of existing roof membranes.
- High energy efficiency rating
- Durable and weather-proof seal for your roofing system with welded seams.
- Is resistant to U.V. and ozone deterioration.
- Is also resistant to mold and algae growth when maintained properly.
- Extremely resistant to tears and impacts that are frequently the underlying cause of most commercial roofing leaks.
Torch Down Roofing
Torch down roofing is a type of roofing material that has been designed for low-angle or flat roofs. This product originates from the method of application used to install and adhere it to a commercial roof structure. The material that makes direct contact with the sheathing underneath is melted with a torch in order to seal the material. It helps to provide a secure bond and creates a waterproof seal that can prevent leaks. Torch down systems can last 15 -20 years. These roofing materials provide a strong, leak-proof seal that will last for many years with very little maintenance or upkeep needed. The materials do not cost as much as aluminum or metal roofing supplies, and torch down roofing provides an extra layer of insulation to a home or business.
Advantages of Torch Down Roofing Installation
- They are resistant to leaks.
- They can provide protection from heat.
- Torch down roofs also reflect UV rays.
- Average lifespan for a three-layer torch down roof is 20 years.
- Torch down roofing systems do not give off any type of harmful, noxious fumes.